Friday, April 1, 2011

My Bags Are Packed

For the past six months I have had the luxury of living on my own in an old 2 BRM bach (house) in North Kirra at the Southern end of the coast. The beach has been my backyard. I can sit in my lounge and look at the ocean and walk out the front door straight onto the sand. Needless to say for a beach lover like Moi, this has been absolute heaven.

However, I'm giving up my lease on the unit while I'm away so that I'm not paying rent etc. So while this makes financial sense I hate the thought of leaving the beach pad that I have been lucky enough to call home.

This has meant of course that besides packing what I will need in LA I have to sort and pack everything else so that it can be put into storage.

Ugh what a job. This is what I've spent my first day off work doing. Hardly the day of leisure I had envisaged for myself.


So the contents of this one bag will be my life for the next 3 months. Enough yoga outfits to get through the week without having to do any laundry. (A hint from one of our teachers who said your time is so precious through the week that not having to find time to do washing will be a bonus.)


Can I say though, its amazing how much yoga clothes weigh! I have had to re-pack several times to get my bag under 20kg. I can see the guys rolling your eyes here, but hey its just a girl thing.


Another hint from Luke who used to work at TT, was to just buy everything in black that way you didn't even have to waste any time, energy or brain power co-ordinating outfits. Sorry but I just can't bring myself to do this! I'll take the chance that I will still have enough energy to at least co-ordinate my clothes. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment